Sunday 30 September 2012

Rappers Shine At 2012 BET Hip-Hop Awards


The Hip-Hop community descended upon Atlanta for the 2012 BET Hip-Hop Awards.
The awards ceremony was held at the Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center, where stars like 50 Cent, T.I., 2Chainz, B.o.B, Pusha-T, Meek Mill, Wale, Los and Rakim strolled the red carpet.
Presenters included RZA, Trina, Anthony Anderson and others, while comedian Mike Epps hosted the show, opening in a taped skit dressed as Barack Obama.
“Mitt Romney you been talking about me behind me behind my back. You want to take away healthcare that the s**t I don’t like, Mitt Romney can’t hold me back,” Mike Epps said.
He then appeared live on stage dressed as Beethoven, complete with a real opera singer dressed in a Viking hat.
Pittsburgh rapper Wiz Khalifa opened the show with a performance of his song “Work Hard, Play Hard,”
Other performers during the evening included Meek Mill, Rick Ross, 2Chainz T.I., Future, Los, Diddy, French Montana, MGK and others.
The first of the three Cyphers during the night included one hosted by T.I. that include Trae Tha Truth, Chip, Iggy Wiz Khalifa and Juicy Azalea, B.oB. and T.I.
RZA hosted the second Cypher, which featured Angel Haze, Joey Badass, Driicky Graham, Childish Gambino and A$ap Rocky.
DJ Premier hosted Cyphers that included Astro, Lil Chuckee, Lil Waah, Jean Grae, Sarkodie, Ab Soul, Talib Kweli, Hopsin, School Boy Q, Mac Miller, Tito Lopez, Brianna Perry, Relly, Fame, K’La, Corey Masson, Kosha Dillz, The Kid Daytona, and others.
Snoop Dogg presided over a Cypher that included rappers Xzibit, YG, Kurupt, E-40, DJ Quik, while DMX hosted a Cypher featuring rappers Murder Mook, Cassidy and Eve.
T.I. presented Rakim with the I Am Hip-Hop Icon Award.
“It’s hard in the business when the family has to share you with the world so I thank you,” Rakim said. “Thank you to Kool Herc and Bambaataa. To get this love is a blessing and words can’t express how I feel about these accolades.”
A humbled 2Chainz won the People’s Choice Award, which was a big deal to the Atlanta native.
“Last year they wouldn’t let me on the other side of the rope and this year I couldn’t get them all done,” 2Chainz said. “If it can happen to me it can happen to you.”
LL Cool J introduced artists in a moving tribute to Chris Lighty, which featured Q-Tip, Phife and Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Funkmaster Flex, Busta Rhymes and Fat Joe and 50 Cent, who put aside their differences and shared the same stage together.
Winners in the Track of the Year, Video of the Year, Hustler of the Year and other categories are expected to be announced when the 2012 BET Hip-Hop Awards.
The show ended rather abruptly, when 8 officers entered the building and headed toward the front stage, leaving the majority of spectators confused.
The 2012 BET Hip-Hop Awards will air October 9 on BET.

No comments:

Post a Comment