Monday 1 October 2012

Christina Aguilera claims weight issues don't bother her anymore



Christina Aguilera has gained quite a bit of weight but he singer says that this gain does not bother her and neither is she let anyone get a control of how she feels
Christina Aguilera is fat and she loves each and every thing about her body! The 31-year-old singer is not going to get critics get to her as she flaunts her curves proudly. Aguilera recently appeared on the September 29 cover of Billboard magazine and inside the magazine, her exclusive interview reveals, that she is very much in control of her own body. Christina Aguilera was very skinny in 2002, however, she got tired of being skinny and later put on the pounds and showed-off her curves.
In the interview, Christina Aguilera reveals that during the promotion of her album 'Stripped' in 2002, she was under a lot of pressure to maintain a very thing figure. She said that even though she is an Ecuadorian, people used to think that she is just a skinny, blue-eyed white girl.
"The next time my label saw me, I was heavier, darker and full of piercings!" Christina Aguilera said according to a report by Billboard. "Let me tell you, that wasn't an easy pill for them to swallow. I had gained about 15 pounds during promotion and during my Stripped tour [with Justin Timberlake, 31]. They called this serious emergency meeting about how there was a lot of backlash about my weight. Basically, they told me I would affect a lot of people if I gained weight -- the production, musical directors."
Aguilera was told that if she did not lose the weight she had gained, she will not any records neither would she sell tickets to her shows. She said that at that time she was so young, that she got scared and quickly lost the weight which she had gained.
However, today it is a different story altogether as she has gained quite a lot of weight, and despite what others might think, she is not planning on losing it. Aguilera said that in 2012, she had had enough and she decided to take control of things. . "I told them during this Lotus recording, 'You are working with a fat girl. Know it now and get over it.' They need a reminder sometimes that I don't belong to them. It's my body," Aguilera tells the magazine. "My body can't put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore—my body is just not on the table that way anymore."
We hope that Christina Aguilera's story will prove to be inspirational for many women out there who are battling weight and body image issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment