Wednesday 3 October 2012

Nicole Kidman reveals she battled depression after split from Tom Cruise


Famously private star Nicole Kidman has opened up for the first time about her split from ex-husband Tom Cruise. The 45-year-old admitted in an interview that while her time with the “Top Gun” actor did include happy memories, she suffered from depression as their marriage broke down.
Speaking to Australia’s Who magazine, Nicole Kidman confessed that she was too young at the age of 23 when she married Tom Cruise. The couple met on the set of “Days of Thunder” and tied the knot on Christmas Eve in 1990. They adopted two children, Isabella and Anthony, but called it quits after 11 years, citing irreconcilable differences as reason for the split.
The “Moulin Rouge!” star explained to the magazine, "I got married really fast and really young."
She continued, “But I don't regret that because it got me Bella and Connor and I did have a fantastic marriage for a long period. Then when it didn't work out I had to really dig deep and find my way through depression. I have no regrets about all of it. It was all part of growing up."
Nicole Kidman is now happily married to country singer Keith Urban and the couple is parents to Sunday Rose, four, and 21-month-old Faith Margaret.
The actress went on to say that the depression also stemmed from her inability to get pregnant at the time. Kidman added that she thought she would never have a baby after failed fertility treatment, miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy.
She said, “I had so much time thinking that wasn’t going to happen in my life and trying to understand that. When it did happen — and for it to be a surprise — that was great.”
"I had tried and failed and failed and failed. Not to be too detailed, but I've had an ectopic pregnancy, miscarriages and I've had fertility treatments. I've done all the stuff you can possibly do to try get pregnant,” she added.
Speaking of the "miracle" of her first child - daughter Sunday Rose, who was born in July 2008 - Kidman said, "Every woman who has been through all those ups and downs knows the depression that comes with it. So the way it just happened with Sunday was like, 'What?' The percentages were so low. It is the miracle in my life.”
Her second daughter, Faith, was born via gestational surrogate in December 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment